Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Hangover

Happy New Year Brussels expats! I hope you had a great party yesterday. I am completely hungover and cannot quite get out of bed. I am not sure how I got back home this morning, but I guess this means I had a great party yesterday. 

The last thing I remember is that I had to walk all the way down from Chatelain, it was raining for a change, I was trying to speak Spanish but I was under the impression that nobody could really understand me (I wonder why), it took me ages to find the keyhole but finally I heroically managed to reach my bed. What a glorious moment.

Honestly I do not remember having that much alcohol.Though I certainly did not have sufficient calorie intake. Guess what, I arrived at the party, throw myself at the buffet and after 15 minutes my lower lip started swallowing like a balloon. Perfect moment to discover I am allergic - to what I do not quite know yet. What I know now is how I would look with Botox: ridiculous. So I concluded 2011 freaking out, ready to rush to the ER. But you see I had two doctors around me (well I suppose it would be more correct to say one doctor as the other wasn't taking me seriously at all) and they said I could actually drink - so that is what I diligently did. 

From the random memories I have, I recall refusing a wedding proposal from a German-born, Trinidad-resident woman who tried to sell me her (fake) brother who "didn't like pussy" but had 50 fat cows back in Calcutta. 50 cows only? I was outraged. I was told that this was the very best I could get as I am a short woman. I am sure Ganesh will punish them. 

I also remember an deep conversation on Indian underwear and tantric sex (the auntie of my friend highly recommended it - she was supposed to remain in India 4 weeks and left after 5 months after meeting this talented Indian boyfriend Mr. Tantric-Techniques-Expert). 

Well if you were wondering there is no particularly big Indian community in Belgium, but this was a Bollywood party. And I was dressed as a Rajasthan girl with an oversize, smelly, white sheep fur and Botox style lips.  India, incredible India.

Is there any Indian remedy against New Year's hangover?

Photo by Bruxpat: holy Indian cow, Rajasthan, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment